Website Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance
Please note that we won’t be attending the event in person – in case of questions, please kindly reach out to HR_Germany@swissre.com.
As our Graduate you will develop the crucial underwriting foundation, with the prospect to move into a professional underwriting role in our organization. This programme offers you a kick start to your career, developing both hard and soft skills relevant to the Reinsurance industry.
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn, broaden their knowledge and expertise and want to make a difference. You have a Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience – we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2024.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast paced world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you will receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different lines of business and departments.
In the second half of the programme we will work with you to jointly develop your individual perspectives for your career at Swiss Re.
About the Role
As our Graduate and future underwriting professional, you will work right in the heart of our business, interacting daily with diverse teams across the company that assist in the underwriting value chain. We strongly believe in learning by doing and therefore you will spend most of your time in the business working with outstanding and experienced colleagues. You will have a mentor at your side helping you to navigate through professional situations and exciting challenges.
You will play a critical role in assessing risks, evaluating insurance applications, and contributing to the profitability of our organization.
Your daily activities include:
- Review insurance applications and accompanying documents to determine eligibility and assess risk factors
- Analyse underwriting data, including loss history, financial statements, and market trends, to prepare and propose informed decisions on policy acceptance or rejection
- Calculate appropriate premiums based on risk assessment and company guidelines
- Collaborate with brokers, clients, and other internal partners to gather additional information and clarify policy details
- Support senior underwriters in complex underwriting tasks
- Active involvement in a cross functional project to gain an end-end understanding of the underwriting value chain incl. portfolio steering
By working directly in the business, you will broaden and deepen your skills and expertise in the areas of Property Treaty Underwriting and Portfolio steering.
About the Team
P&C Reinsurance is the biggest Business Unit of Swiss Re and split in 3 lines of business: Property, Casualty (incl. Facultative) and Speciality. During the Graduates programme you will be part of the Team CUO Office Reinsurance that focuses on Property Treaty Underwriting for the largest insurance companies headquartered in Europe. You will join a global and diverse team of 11 colleagues based in Munich & Zurich where ‘team spirit’ is not just a tagline, but every day’s practice.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference!
- Successfully completed university degree (Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree)
- Strong interest in/motivation to work in Property, Casualty or Specialty Reinsurance
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex data and high attention to detail
- Strong in communication and high confidence to work with clients, brokers, and senior colleagues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a positive and collaborative attitude
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative, takes accountability and is a fast learner
- Excellent oral and written English skills; additional language skills are advantageous
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); knowledge on Power Bi is advantageous
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime. We cover both Property & Casualty and Life & Health. Combining experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise, we create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 14,000 employees across the world.
Our success depends on our ability to build an inclusive culture encouraging fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. We embrace a workplace where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive and develop professionally regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, skillset, thought or other characteristics. In our inclusive and flexible environment everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their passion for sustainability.