Website Munich Re
Our International Graduate Trainee Programme offers you exciting insights and a thorough introduction to the diverse activities of a leading global reinsurer. This provides you with the exceptional opportunity to advance your expertise and drive your personal development.
Over a period of 24 months, including an international assignment, you will receive in-depth training in professional, methodological and social skills, which will qualify you for assuming responsibility at Munich Re worldwide. We are looking for eager graduates who seek to actively shape the future of our business (re-insurance) together with us. If you enjoy embracing innovation in a very dynamic and challenging environment, we are looking forward to your application.
- Working on exciting and varied topics focusing on risk underwriting in the core business of Munich Re (e.g. working on data analytics topics, developing product and client strategies, performing risk analysis, using different pricing models, analysing profitability and performance)
- Seizing excellent learning opportunities and cross-functional first-hand experience in our global business units
- Participating in an international assignment of three months to broaden your intercultural experience
- Acquiring profound knowledge of our business and methods as well as further developing your soft skills in our distinguished global learning programme
- Taking the opportunity to quickly build a broad network of industry experts within Munich Re worldwide
- Very good university degree in mathematics, statistics, informatics, physics or a similar degree with mathematical background
- Initial work experience, ideally in the insurance/financial industry (e.g. internships) or in data science
- Knowledge of actuarial sciences and willingness to complete actuarial studies is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills, programming skills and/or database knowledge (e.g. Python, R, SQL, Matlab) are beneficial
- Experience abroad (studies or internship/work experience abroad)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and willingness to learn
- Fluency in (business) English required, additional languages are an advantage
- Curious and creative mindset
As the world’s leading reinsurance company with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations, Munich Re introduces a paradigm shift in the way you think about insurance. By turning uncertainty into a manageable risk we enable fundamental change. Join us working on topics today that will concern society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, medical risk assessment or even space travel.
Together we embrace a culture where multiskilled teams dare to think big. We create the new and the different for our clients and cultivate innovation.
Sounds like you? Push boundaries with us and be part of Munich Re.
Our employees are our greatest strength. That’s why we offer them a wide range of benefits. You can find some examples below.
Unlock your potential
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: we embrace the power of differences and are convinced that diversity fosters innovation and resilience and enables us to act braver and better.
- Continuous Learning: we believe that continuous learning is a key differentiator and critical for building new skills and accelerating growth.
- Career Mobility: we actively support career mobility, and our strong global and regional presence offers a wealth of career growth opportunities for you.
Rewards & Recognition
- Competitive salary: appropriate compensation for your high level of commitment.
- Retirement provision: state of the art in-house pension solutions.
- Work-life balance: promoting the compatibility of family and work in addition to overall work-life balance.
- Health management: focus on your physical and mental health far beyond legal requirements.
- Hybrid working: living the best of both worlds – we offer you a very flexible approach as well as the opportunity to work from abroad on an occasional basis.
* Munich Re not only stands for fairness with regard to its clients; it is also an equal opportunities employer. Severely disabled candidates will also be prioritized, if equally qualified.
Laura Fuchs & Helen Holland