At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
The intern will be assigned to Financial Institutions Insurance Group (FIG Insurance).
Supporting Analytical teams as needed. Examples of analytical work may include:
- Participate in case studies designed to further analytical understanding
- Work on various analytical, research, data, process related projects
- Collect data and identify trends to support well-thought-out credit conclusions
- Prepare financial documents, charts, and presentations
- Responsible for monitoring media outlets for news regarding special projects or portfolios
- Provide analytical and research support to the rating teams
- Contribute to the creation of high-quality research publications
Experience / Qualifications
- Students studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent qualification, or a Master’s Degree, in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Political Economy, International Relations, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- Good accounting or statistics background (e.g., through coursework, CFA (or equivalent) may be required for some, but not all teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle workflow, to adapt to a changing environment, and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Strong organizational skills, analytical thinking, and attention to detail
- Native French is required and any European languages are preferred
- Please submit your CV in English
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.