At Moody’s, we’re taking action. We’re hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We’re educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
The Financial Institutions team of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) department in Frankfurt is looking for working students from Q1 2024.
RRS is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody’s Ratings and Research (R&R) function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- 6-month contract (with a possibility of extension)
- Work revolving around international companies across a variety of sectors (Manufacturing, Chemicals, Airlines, Software, etc.)
- Competent and comprehensive training on-the-job
- Welcoming and inclusive company culture
Your task will be to perform day-to-day credit analysis related to ratings, research, presentations, and investor outreach. Examples of analytical work produced include:
- Reviewing financial spreadsheets and charts prepared by others, analysing data and financial statements
- Building and updating financial forecasts, writing basic analytical commentary in accordance with Moody’s methodologies
- Performing analytical tasks related to portfolio reviews and other credit projects
- Operating applicable ratings and research systems and utilizing software specific to the rating group (Financial Institutions)
- Working on various credit-related ad-hoc tasks
- BSc and MSc students with a focus on Finance, Accounting, Economics, and related subjects
- Attention to detail, highly organized and capable of delivering structured work processes
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Solid verbal as well as written communication and interpersonal skills
- Available for 20 hours a week during the academic term and full-time during break periods
- Home location must be within commutable distance to the Frankfurt office
- Fluency in German and English is required
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody’s Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.